Friday, September 9, 2011

It's been a rough week

Short weeks are always long... does that even make sense?
This week was a tough one.  We had lots to do, I still don't really know the kids (I know them personally but still learning about them academically) and I'm getting into the groove with my student teacher (who is FANTASTIC by the way-everyone should have one like her).  I didn't get a break except for my 30 minutes at lunch.  During my one free period I was helping out in other rooms as teachers were trying to set up for a prayer service.  The kids were NUTS today. Really loud and just not listening.  Overall not a good day.

Driving home this song came on the radio:

Love Me by JJ Heller

Here is the chorus of that song:

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means


It was a great time to hear it because it reminded me WHY I teach.  I'm there to teach the children and care about them regardless.  Even when they are running around the room, or asking to use the bathroom every 10 minutes, or not listening the first time.  And it being a Catholic school, I am there to love them as they are now.  Not only when they behave or when they get things right.  Always. 

I told my student teacher the other day that you may be the ONLY adult that morning that greeted them with a smile or a hello.  So even when it's been a bad day (or week) keep that in mind teachers!

And kids are always forgiving...so if you lose your patience, don't feel badly.  Tell them you are sorry and they will forgive.

Tomorrow is always a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment