Friday, September 9, 2011

September book report

This month my studnets are reading a fiction book and will complete a memory bag for their book report.  They must bring in items that represent the character, setting, problem, and solution.

I brought in an example of my own.  The book I picked was "My Sister's Keeper". 

Character: 2nd hand doll because Anna, the healthy sister feels like she is 2nd to her sick sister, Kate.

Setting: My bracelet from when I was in the hospital because they are there often

Problem: A syringe from when my cat was sick to represent Anna being used to get Kate healthy

Solution: A robe (from graduation) to represent the lawsuit

What are your students doing this month?

Thanks to Mrs. Renz for creating this:
http://www.mrsrenz.net/pdf/bookprojects/memorybagdirections.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment