1. Write up directions for different things (making mac and cheese, making a pb&j sandwich, make cookies, etc).
2. Mix up the order of the steps you need to take
3. Group your students into groups of twos or threes-make sure there is a set of different directions for each group)
4. The students are to cut their directions apart and put the strips in order. Check to see the order is correct before they can move on.
5. Glue the steps down in order across a piece of looooong paper. Number the steps and draw arrows from one step to the other.
6. Draw a picture for each direction strip